As all great romance novels say, you’ll know when you’ve found the one. You might not realize it right away, but one moment you’ll notice the way their nose crinkles when they laugh, or how they do things for you that nobody has ever done before – and you’ll realize you’ve found the person you want to be with forever. This means it’s time to start thinking about proposing.
With that in mind, here are some top tips for the perfect proposal!
- Bring up the future in your conversations. While you shouldn’t tell your partner outright that you’re planning on proposing, it’s important to ensure that you are on the same page. One way in which you can do this is by having conversations about your future plans together.
- Find the ring. Choosing an engagement ring can seem like a daunting task, but it does not have to be. When choosing an engagement ring, it is often better to go for something simple, stylish, and elegant, such as a princess cut ring. In fact, princess cut diamond rings are currently the most popular engagement rings on the market, meaning they are the perfect choice for any bride-to-be. You can find out more here: https://www.whiteflash.com/diamond-education/diamond-shapes/princess-cut/.
- Think about what you want to say. In the run-up to the proposal, it’s important that you also think about what you will say as you get down on one knee. While you need to make sure the words, ‘will you marry me’ are included – you should also spend a little time talking about your partner and your relationship. However, if you find that you are nervous one day and keep forgetting what to say, don’t worry. Instead, simply focus on being honest.
- Find the perfect proposal spot. The right location can help you to create the perfect romantic atmosphere for your proposal – and you have plenty of options to choose from. For example, you could head to a local area of natural beauty, such as a park or lake. Alternatively, you could return to the place you met to signify how your journey has gone full-circle.
- Plan a romantic day. When planning your proposal, you might also want to ensure that you spend a romantic day together ahead of time. Focus on doing something that you both enjoy – whether that means you visit an interesting museum or an amusement park.
- Have a friend close by to take pictures. If you want your magical moment to last forever, then you might want to have a friend or loved one close by to take a photograph. This way, you’ll always have the photos to look back on, and you can even feature them on your wedding invitations.
- Get the kids involved. If you are parenting children together, you may also want to get them involved in the proposal. While you might not want to give them too early to stop them from giving away the secret, you could tell them that you are planning a surprise for your partner and need help. For example, you could set up a scavenger hunt throughout your home for your partner – and have your children help them work their way through it until they find the ring!