Oh, the day has finally arrived! Ant-Man and the Wasp is available on Blu-Ray, DVD and digital!!! Before I took Peyton to see Ant-Man and the Wasp I made her wage the Marvel movies in order so she could get the full picture of what was going on. And let me tell you, it made things make a lot more sense watching one movie after another! Plus, we also got to see all the movies again and to see how they fit into each other is really quite amazing. Because they are several months or some even years apart from when they were released I know I forgot some of the tie-ins. So it was fun to have a Marvel movie marathon and watch them all.
So for those of you who have not seen Ant-Man and the Wasp, I’m not going to spoil it for you. However, I will give a brief outline so you an idea of what to expect. This movie takes place shortly after Ant-Man starts his house arrest for his action in the last Avengers. Remember? The man (the law) came down on superheroes and punished them. But it also takes place parallel to the latest Avenger movie. If you stick around through the ending credits you will see how it all ties in together. Trust me, you’ll be screaming at the screen, at least I was. And then you will be dying for next year to get here so you can find out what happens next. I know I am.
Here’s a little run down of what you can find when you purchase your own copy –
- Director’s Intro by Peyton Reed–The talented creator behind some of Marvel Studios’ funniest and most charming films will invite home audiences deeper into the world of “Ant-man and the Wasp.”
- Making-of Featurettes:
-Back in the Ant Suit: Scott Lang–Hero and all-star dad Scott Lang keeps the laughs coming for the audience, cast, and crew.-A Suit of Her Own: The Wasp–Highly trained Hope Van Dyne is now the Wasp. See how some of her craziest stunts and action-packed scenes were brought to life.-Subatomic Super Heroes: Hank & Janet–Hank Pym’s wife Janet was lost in the quantum realm. Trace the legacy of these characters and the iconic actors who portray them.-Quantum Perspective: The VFX and Production Design of “Ant-Man and The Wasp”–Explore the movie’s visual effects and production design from a whole new viewpoint, in which every micro and macro detail counts.
- Gag Reel and Outtakes–Audiences are treated to the hilarious quips that did not make the film as well as exclusive outtakes from Stan Lee and Tim Heidecker.
-Gag Reel – Join in the fun with these outtakes from the set.-Stan Lee Outtakes – Stan Lee tries out a series of hilarious one-liners for the scene in which his car shrinks.-Tim Heidecker Outtakes – Check out Whale Boat Captain Daniel Goobler and his improvised whale-watching riffs.
- DeletedScenes(with commentary by Director Peyton Reed)
-Worlds Upon Worlds-As Janet leads Hank through the surreal landscape of the quantum realm, they encounter an intelligent life form.-Sonny’s on the Trail-On the hunt for Hank Pym and his lab, Sonny Burch and his henchmen check the security camera of a neighborhood bookstore.
- 10 Years of Marvel Studios: The Art of the Marvel Cinematic Universe–See what it takes to bring the MCU to life, and the role concept artists play in bringing Super Heroes from comic book to screen.
- Online Close-Up Magic University–This commercial will inspire you to expand your mind and maximize your full potential!
Just a refresher this is rated PG-13, now I have let Peyton see this movie and she’s 8 years old. But it’s up to you as a parent, you know your child best.
So next time you’re out, remember to pick up your own copy of Ant-Man and the Wasp!