Eek!! Did you see???!!! The Little Mermaid is now available on Blu-Ray, 4k, AND DVD!! For a huge The Little Mermaid fan like me this is ah-ma-zing!! Disney released The Little Mermaid again to celebrate it’s 30 years anniversary! Can you believe it’s been 30 years since The Little Mermaid first hit the big screen? I never got to see it on the big screen but I have seen it about a gazillion times throughout my life. It was one of my favorite movies growing up and it’s also one of Peyton’s. We love The Little Mermaid so much that I even named our cat Sebastian. Side note – he’s a little cranky like Sebastian the crab too.
So what’s new with the release of The Little Mermaid this time? I’m glad you asked! In honor of its 30th anniversary, two-time Academy Award®-winner (Best Original Score and Best Original Song “Under the Sea,” 1989)“The Little Mermaid,” dives into the highly celebrated Walt Disney Signature Collection with all-new bonus features and a sing-along mode. Yes, you read that correctly, there’s a sing-along mode!! EEEKKKKK!!!!
Here’s the breakdown according to the official press release –
*BLU-RAY & DIGITAL
- Sing-Along Mode–Sing along to the movie in this sing-along version of the film.
- Alan Menken & the Leading Ladies Song–From the voice of a mermaid to the tunes of a muse, the music of Alan Menken has scored the soundtrack for some of Disney’s most iconic leading ladies. Join Alan, Jodi Benson (Ariel), Paige O’Hara (Belle), Judy Kuhn (Pocahontas Singing Voice), Lillias White (Calliope) and Donna Murphy (Mother Gothel) as we celebrate the music of their films in honor of the one that started it all… “The Little Mermaid.” In this discussion, the ladies will share their memories of musically creating their characters with Alan, discuss what it means to be part of the Disney Princess/leading lady legacy and create new memories as they sing with Alan around a baby grand piano.
- “What I Want From You…Is YOUR VOICE” – Enter the recording studio and get an inside look at the cast of “The Little Mermaid” in their original recording sessions.
- Stories From Walt’s Office–Gadgets & Gizmos–Like Ariel, Walt Disney was a collector of many different things from miniatures to early mechanical characters that inspired the invention of audio-animatronics. We take a look at some the collections that Walt kept in his office in the third episode of this series.
- #Treasures Untold–Join Ruby Rose Turner and Olivia Sanabia from the Disney Channel Original Series “Coop and Cami Ask the World” as they take a deep dive to explore some hidden treasures and fun facts about Disney’s “The Little Mermaid.”
- DCapella “Part of Your World” Music Video
Classic Bonus Features–revisit four exciting bonus features from previous releases including:
- Deleted Character: Harold The Merman
- Under The Scene: The Art Of Live Action Reference
- Howard’s Lecture
- Audio Commentary With Ron Clements, John Musker, and Alan Menken
- “Part of Your World” – A 30-Year Retrospective – Songwriter Alan Menken and Jodi Benson, the acting and singing voice of Ariel, sing the epitome of Disney “I Want” songs “Part of Your World” and discuss its impact since it was first heard 30 years ago.
- Classic Bonus Features – Over 3 additional hours of previously released classic bonus features including Deleted Scenes, Easter Eggs, Music Videos and more!
You must be logged in to post a comment.