High school graduation is right around the corner. Around here the parties start in May and go all the way through July! It’s a fun and exciting time for these young adults. They are finishing High School and getting ready to start out on another chapter of their life….college. It’s an exciting time and a challenging one too. For many, this will be the first time living in the dorms. And there’s a lot of things you need for college, especially your dorm room. So instead of giving that graduate a card full of money, that they will blow this summer while partying with their friends, consider giving them a mini-fridge. I had one in college and it was the best investment I ever made. Here’s my 10 ten reason you need a mini-fridge in your dorm room.
- When you wake up in the middle of the night, dying of thirst, you can walk over to your mini-fridge and pull out a nice cool bottle of water.
- You just tried out this amazing new restaurant off campus and now you have leftovers. Where do you put them?? In your mini-fridge!
- It’s finals week and you have been studying nonstop. You look at the clock and see it’s 1 am. Well, the dining hall is closed and you are starving! Just head to your mini-fridge where you can pull out some lunch meat and cheese and make a quick sandwich.
- Have a medical condition that requires your medication to be kept cool? Just store it inside your mini-fridge. You can adjust the temperature to keep your medications at the perfect temperature.
- Do you love using essential oils? Well, they last longer and stay fresh in the fridge. So take those essential oils with you to college along with a mini-fridge to help keep them at their best.
- Trying to avoid the freshmen 15? Keep a stash of fresh fruits and vegetables on hand in your mini-fridge to help avoid those late-night trips to the vending machines.
- Dining plans can be expensive. Save money by keeping breakfast items on hand like milk, cereal, fruit, and yogurt.
- Have a specific diet you need to follow? A mini-fridge will help you keep those items fresh and available.
- Convenience. Need I say more? Anything you want can be at your fingertips. You just have to stock the mini-fridge with it.
- It will save you time, money, stress and more. No need to brave those thunderstorms to get to the dining hall. Or when the temps drop below 0. Just stay in your cozy dorm room and grab some food from your fridge.
Yes, you can survive college without a mini-fridge. But having one makes life much nicer. I started my freshman year without one and when I went home on Christmas break I bought one. It was one of my prized possessions in my dorm room. You can check out this handy comparison article on mini-fridges to see which size and what features makes sense for you. Personally, I say go big! I like a nice size mini-fridge that is all fridge. And if you have an ice obsession like me, invest in a little machine.
I think this is a useful article.